Monday, January 18, 2016

So, I've Been Spelling His Name Wrong (Saltillo, Coahuila, México)



It's Tomas. Not Thomas. Something about not pronouncing the "h" here. 

But anyway. TOMAS GOT BAPTIZED!!!!! It was a beautiful day. Us and four other companionships got together and had the baptism program all at the same time. The chapel was FULL and half of the people were investigators that us missionaries invited. It was really awesome and the spirit was really strong. Haha I asked Tomas if he was ready and he said "I've been ready since yesterday!" He didn't bend his knees when he went down in the water and Hermano Mora had to practically push him down until he was completely submerged. He was so happy and afterwards he and Hermano Mora happily went to the other chapel to go clean. 

WHICH is funny because one time in the MTC instead of saying "After baptism we are clean" I said "After baptism, we clean."  So now I feel kind of prophetic. 

I am so happy that I got to be there for his special day. I can't imagine what would have happened if we hadn't talked to him that day. It just goes to show that there are people waiting for the gospel in places where you would least expect it. He accepted it so quickly and so happily, I feel like I didn't even have to do anything. I love him a lot. 

I am being transfered to an area called Oceania. I will be finishing the training of Hermana Novoa. I actually would have already been training her if I hadn't stayed in Zarco, so when transfers rolled around, I suspected that I would be put with her. She's from El Salvador and is super smart (she was studying industrial engineering). I went on splits with her last week and it was pretty fun. I'll tell you more about her next week! I'm still with Hermana Mis and Hermana Aragon right now. *Sniff* I love them so much!

All is well here in Mexico. I'm doing well, I'm healthy, I'm walking a lot.... I'm good. I hope you all have a fantastic week! 

Hermana Murset

Pictures 
1. Mass baptism! I promise Thomas was super happy. They just have a no smiling trend here.

2. Hermano Mora baptizes more than we do. 

3. Another photo of everyday missionary life. Hermana Aragon on on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment