Monday, October 13, 2014

Fare-thee-wells.


Back when I was young and wild and free (four months ago) I decided to give two farewells. One in my new ward that we moved into a year ago, one in my old ward that I grew up in. Different days, different topics. 
Woo! It was a wild ride. 

My first one went well, my wonderful brother played the organ and we had a few people come to my house afterwards. I wasn't nervous during my talk and I felt pretty good about it. 

Then along came yesterday. 
Two of my old roommates from Orem came down the day before and stayed over (yay!), the next morning 5 more of my college friends came including my best friend (yay!). So many of my friends came and people that I have met over the years. My whole family came, it was great. I had only read through my talk once and I was freaking out on the inside. I was sharing my farewell with another girl (who is amazing, by the way) so the chapel was PACKED. Filled to capacity. More chairs had to be brought in and people were still standing in the back. I spoke first, thank goodness. My wonderful brother played the organ again and did fantastic. I only started crying during the end of my talk which is an accomplishment. 

I was amazed at how many people came to hear me speak. I was feelin' the love! All the love and support that I am getting is astounding and I am SO grateful for these amazing people in my life. 

By the end of the day I was about ready to fall asleep on my feet. It was such a good day. 

I love my family, my friends, and everyone who has supported me in this decision.  

Especially my weird family. 


No comments:

Post a Comment