Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Sabinas 1 A Mexico

Hellohellohello!
Hey guess what. I'M NOT IN ZARAGOZA 2. Mwahaha! Now I am in the lovely little town of Sabinas.

The day before I left I went to say goodbye to everyone. I think the hardest for me was leaving the Esparza family. I sat down and told Hna. Martha, Yudith, and Dariela that I was leaving, and like they had rehearsed it for months, they all burst out crying. Haha I had no idea what to do so I ended up crying as well. Crying all around, tissues flying, things being said like "you'll always be a part of our family.", and flour tortillas being eaten for comfort food. I'm going to miss them a ton.

 I left Saltillo at 8 in the morning. I traveled with a bunch of elders and one hermana in a huge bus. (Can you imagine 15 elders on a bus...) It was about a 6 hour drive and all of us missionaries were completely absorbed in the Disney movies that were playing (we're allowed to watch those). So the ride was pretty uneventful. Frozen played and we sang along.

I got off by myself in Sabinas and was welcomed by my new companion! Hermana Sanabria. I admit I was super relieved when she excitedly ran up to me and greeted me by kissing me on the cheek (we do that here). Because sometimes when the new senior companion comes along it's like "GET OUT OF MY AREA. VAYASE." But she's awesome.

She's from Honduras and just finished her training. And guess who was her trainer! Hna. Peñaranda. SWEET. She's super on the ball and has been dragging me all over Sabinas, showing me the sights. I still get super confused, but sooner or later I'll learn the area and everything will be A Okay. 
We are serving in a branch called Sabinas 1.

What can I say about Sabinas... it's not Saltillo. Sabinas reminds me of home. It's a small town and the houses here don't have bars on the windows. But oh dear. There is no end to the sweat. I don't know how hot it is right now, but as soon as you step outside, you don't stop sweating. I'm learning to take cold showers because the heat is EVERYWHERE.

How do I feel? Good. Nervous. Tired. Hungry. Really I just feel accomplished that I finished one week without blowing up Sabinas.

I have to go write the president about the area now. Responsibility....

I love you all a ton! I say that every week so it must be true.

Pictures:
Me with "Gordo" His name is Abdiel. He's the son of Hna. Martha.

Hna. Sanabria and I! The stuffed dog was Hna. Peñaranda's and the monkey is (in Hna. Peñaranda's words) "my inheritance." She recieved it from her trainer and now it has been passed down to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment