Sunday, November 30, 2014

By the Way, I'm Going to Mexico!

Did you know that? I'm going to Mexico. That's just loco. Luckily I'm super good at suppressing my feelings so I'm cruising along like a sailboat while my companions are a train wreck. 

This week has been a week full of "lasts". LAST TUESDAY IN AMERICA. LAST WEDNESDAY IN AMERICA. LAST THURSDAY IN AMERICA. So on and so forth. I'm it still hasn't hit me that I'm leaving. My Spanish is.... fine. Heh. Heh. No it's not. But I'll learn. The other day our teacher, Hermana Hearne, let us teach a class lesson to her in English! I think she just wanted to be reassured that, yes, we are capable of teaching. Trying to do it in Spanish, not good. This is how it goes: "I know that God to give we things that to receive bless the gospel please I don't to know what I am to say" Anyway, I think she was a little worried about us. So we gave "Areseli" a lesson about tithing. And at the end she started crying and was pretty much speechless for a good minute. She said that she had never seen anything like that in all her years of teaching and that we are going to be powerful missionaries. Then she kept crying and said "The Spirit, man!" Talk about a confidence boost. 

Oh my goodness. I have to tell you about my dream. So in my dream it was the day that I was supposed to leave for Mexico. I woke up (in my dream) and it was light outside! So I look at the clock and it was 11 am. WHAT. My companions LEFT me! So did my district! So I started sobbing and wailing in panic and my parents show up (completely normal) and comfort me a little but then pushed me on my merry way to go eat breakfast. The whole time I'm thinking HowamIgoingtogettoMexicoI'mgoingtodie. So I walk into the cafeteria, and lo and behold, I see an Elder from my district, Elder Nay! So I ran over to him and went "ELDER NAY THEY LEFT YOU TOO WHAT HAPPENED?!" Apparently he had been with the airport with them but when he bent down to tie his shoe, they left him. I asked him if we could travel to Mexico together but he said that he didn't know if that was appropriate and that he would have to do some personal study and prayer about it. Such a missionary. Long story short, I ended up in Mexico somehow and Hermana Valerio and Hermana Dalton were still my companions. So as we were getting ready for bed I asked them why they had left me. Hermana Valerio said "Well it looked like you were having such a good night's rest so I figured I would let you sleep. Then we forgot to wake you up and left." I started yelling at the both of them and went to bed fuming. Then I actually woke up, into real life and I thought that the whole thing was real. Let's just say we did not have a very pleasant morning. I forgave them eventually. 

I'm just not going to go to bed the night before so I will be sure to be awake. Good plan. 

I think I'm actually going to miss the MTC... I'm going to miss my district horribly and I don't know what I'm going to do without them! We've grown together so much over the past 6 weeks. Yesterday Elder Vaughn, who didn't know a lick about Spanish, gave me a whole lesson in Spanish yesterday. I was so proud! And then Hermana Dalton, who ALWAYS brings in notes to our lessons, didn't bring any yesterday. It's been a good time. I have an undying love for cardigans and shoes with velcro. I ate a cheese burger today and tried to savor it. Elder Daines won't let me take a picture of him, but I am still trying. Elder Nay screams out "!HELADO!" every time a teacher leaves the room. Helado means ice cream. I will never understand him. And I'm still crossing my fingers that Hermana Valerio won't forget to wake me up. Even though I'm the one with an alarm clock. 

I've got to go pack! (Yay happy day) I love you all so so so much. These next 17 months are going to fly by. Like lightspeed. Speaking of lightspeed, Elder Nay and I have frequent Star Wars geek outs. One time we had a mock lightsaber battle. 

Moving on. 

I love you. I hope you know that. I am so grateful to be on this mission and I can't imagine being anywhere else. No matter how hard it is, this is the best thing I have ever done in my life. I love my Savior and I can't wait to go teach about him in broken Spanish. God be with you until we meet again!
                                        Our classroom light switch, courtesy of the elders in our district.
                                                                           A shadow picture.
                    Elder Morrill was transferred to the Sacramento, CA mission.  A sad day in our district.
 My friend Shaeli has been at the MTC with me for the past 6 weeks! I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment