Sunday, November 2, 2014

It's All Just...One...Long Day!

BEFORE YOU READ THIS EMAIL READ THIS PART THAT IS IN ALL CAPS. THIS TUESDAY AT 7 OUR DEVOTIONAL WILL BE BROADCAST INTERNATIONALLY. I WILL BE IN THE CHOIR IF THEY EVEN HAVE A CHOIR. WATCH IT. READ THE EMAIL NOW. 

HOLA.
I feel like I've been here for an eternity. All the days mesh together, yesterday felt like five days ago, and I can't remember what I ate this morning. But hey, I'm on my third week! That's so crazy. I don't even know what to think of that. This week has been a rough, rough week. Well actually for me it's been pretty okay, but when your companions are having a rough week, you just kind of assume that your week has been rough as well. But it's P-day and we are happy happy happy! We went to the temple today and did sealings. There were a bunch of cute old couples there that kept patting our hands and saying how proud they were of us. Then we went and threw some fall leaves around on the way back to the MTC. Sundays are interesting.
​You would think that you would have so much free time on Sundays... nope. Sacrament meeting feels so short! Relief Society is held in the gym with all the sisters at the MTC, then the sisters hang around until Priesthood is over and then I don't even remember what the heck we do after that because my brain as turned to mush. But eventually we have a Sunday devotional! Those are always good. I can't remember who spoke. But even BETTER was Tuesday. Hna Valerio and I dragged Hna Dalton to MTC choir practice on Sunday so we could practice the song that was going to be sung in the Tuesday devotional. We sang "Lead Kindly Light" which is one of my favorite songs EVER. When I found out we were singing it I almost went "SHUT UP." Like in Princess Diaries. But I didn't because I'm a missionary now. We're not allowed to say "guys" here. Greatest struggle of my life right now. Anyway, on Tuesday during the devotional we sang "Lead Kindly Light" to Rosemary Wixom, the General Primary President! If I was to give a talk in General Conference, I would have given her exact talk. It was about coming unto Christ and "What think ye of Christ?" My pen was flying as I took notes. I know that I had more things to say, but I can't remember. My companions are great, my district is great, my teachers are great, and I'm learning more Spanish every single day! I'm not sick anymore, which is fantastic. 
I just remembered some of the embarrassing things I've said while teaching in Spanish. I will list them.
"After baptism, we clean." (Investigator thought I meant we clean the church)
"I want many sins." (I mixed up the words. But I conjugated it correctly, so there.)
"David........................" (I didn't say anything for a long amount of time because I forgot my words)

It's been interesting. Beware, the cafeteria food here will make you cry. I have never eaten so much in my life. I am so tired. I can't even think. 

I won't lie, the MTC is hard. But in order to be Christ's representatives, we have to experience just a little of He went through. I have grown so much since I've been here, although sometimes I don't realize that. Even though most days I can barely even lift my pen to take notes, I know that my weaknesses will be made strong through Jesus Christ. I'm here on this mission because this gospel makes me happy and I am willing to answer the Lord's call to preach it. That knowledge is what keeps me going!

I love you all. Every single one of you. 

Have a great week!
                                                                              The obligatory picture with the map.
My district.

No comments:

Post a Comment