Sunday, November 30, 2014

You Can Sleep When You're Dead

My alarm clock doesn't glow so for the last few days in order to see what time it is in the mornings, I've been leaning halfway off my bed so I can try to see the time by the light that comes out from under the door. Well this morning I remembered that there is a button that makes it light up. I KNEW THAT. I knew that just 4 days ago and then all of the sudden I'm almost throwing out my back to see what time it is. Sheesh.
That's my story for the week. Here's a quote from yesterday:
"If the Mo-Tab sings it, we can sing it."
Here's another:
"For all you know I could be kissing her!"
I won't put that one into context so it will be more confusing and gasp worthy for you. 

This week has been pretty easy as far as the MTC goes. We sang "Praise to the Man" in the MTC choir and I was hoping that a member of the 12 would come to the devotional we sang it at so we could blow his socks off. But one didn't come so we blew the socks off of the 2nd counselor of the Presiding Bishopric. 

Today is my 31 day mark! I feel like I've been here for a year. I feel like I'm going to be here for the rest of my life, struggling with Spanish, and eating hamburgers. I ate a hamburger yesterday, by the way. It was... burgerish. Anyway, today we got our flight itinerary! I haven't seen it yet but I hear we're leaving at 3:30 in the morning, going to Salt Lake, that flight leaves at 7:20, we fly to Atlanta, Georgia, have a layover, fly to Mexico City, have a layover, then we're flying to Saltillo! This is crazy. This coming week is my LAST WEEK. WHAT. I'm not ready at all, but that's okay because there ain't no way I'm not going. 

Oh! An elder from my district was reassigned to Sacramento, California English speaking due to health problems. We seriously got about 5 minutes to say goodbye to him and then he was taken to a new classroom, moved bedrooms, and got a new name tag. I almost cried. He can't just leave! We see him around a lot and it's always like "OH MY GOOSSSHHHH!!! HELLO!!!!" I saw him today in the laundry room and he was wearing his Spanish name tag. He said he likes that one better because it has the robot sticker that I gave to everyone in our district. So I gave him another robot sticker to put on the back of his English one so he doesn't face the wrath of the name tag police. If those exist. 

Life is good! Sleep is rare! I just realized I have to start packing! NO!
Maybe I'll have a more exciting week next week. Wait, what am I saying? MISSIONARY WORK IS ALWAYS EXCITING!! Actually it is. Yesterday one of our investigators told us that he smokes marijuana. And before we understood what he said (our Spanish is bad) we were smiling and nodding and saying "Si!" and then it clicked and we went "WAIT NONONONONONO THAT'S NOT WHAT WE MEANT." Then when I was asking him if he had read The Book of Mormon I accidentally said (In Spanish) "How do you read?" He thought it was hilarious and said, in Spanish, "Word by word, line by line, page by page." I greatly appreciated his sarcasm. 
There, was that more exciting? Anywho. I love you all. Even if you do get more sleep than me. But I guess I can overlook that. I'm feeling charitable today. 

Have a wonderful week! Don't do anything dumb!
                                                           I was Elder Soubie for a little while.
 Me with Hermana Dalton, Hermana Valerio, Elder Eves and Elder What's his name, in front of the Provo Temple.
All of the Hermanas in my MTC Zone.  They are always happy and it's really disconcerting.

No comments:

Post a Comment