Sunday, January 4, 2015

A Bird Flew Into Our House December 22, 2014 Saltillo

Hi hi hi hi hi.
     Today while we were cleaning a bird flew into our house. All sorts of things ran through my mind. Such as: WOW A PET BIRD. and OH NO I'M GOING TO HAVE TO HAVE A PET BIRD BECAUSE BOTH OF US ARE AFRAID TO TOUCH IT. But don't worry. It flew out. It was almost a traumatic experience. We lived. That's all that matters. 

     Nothing much happened this week except awesomeness. Awesomeness meaning that a family that we've been teaching is going to be baptized! They've been drinking up the lessons like they've been without water for years. They are awesome. And they always feed us. And it's somehow always the best meal that I've ever had in my life. I don't know if they're baptism is this week or next week... I guess we should find out.

     On Saturday was our mission Christmas get together! I call it a get together because Hna. Peñaranda insists that it's not a party unless there's dancing. We did all sorts of fun things. Such as caroling on buses. Caroling at bus stops. Caroling in stores. Caroling in the streets. Oh, and caroling. Our district, in 1 1/2 hours contacted 94 people! And so many people were so grateful for our songs. Even though we were practically screaming over the bus. But that's okay. It was still fun. 
     Then we went back to the church and exchanged presents! The Hermana that had me gave me makeup. Which means that I have to wear it. I think she was trying to send me a message... not sure. But I was grateful anyway. Hna. Peñaranda ate four pieces of cake and afterwards was wondering why she felt like throwing up.... I love her dearly.

   
Oh yeah, Merry Christmas! By Christmas time I will have been in Mexico for a month. And I'm already on my third month away from home. That's weird. I think of you all often. Mostly when I'm washing dishes because that's the only time I have to myself to think of other things except the mission. I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas filled with peace, joy, and family. And food. 
MERRY CHRISTMAS. I LOVE YOU ALL.
Some of my MTC district being reunited at the mission Christmas party.  December 20, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment