Sunday, April 19, 2015

HELLO I'M GOING TO TURN 20 THIS WEEK AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. (Saltillo)

HELLO I'M GOING TO TURN 20 THIS WEEK AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.
I'm going to work all day, that's what I'm going to do. Missionary life, what up. 
I'm sad to be leaving my teenage years.... But now I'm going to have an even number of years again and that makes me happy because I like even numbers. 

This week I went to a baptism and afterwards we got lucky and were told to clean the chapel. So I'm cleaning away, chatting with my old zone leader, when an Hermano in his 40's comes up to me, points, and says something that I didn't understand. My old zone leader, Elder Monteroso had a blank look on his face as well and we just stood there staring at the Hermano while he kept repeating the phrase. I was thinking "That is not the language they taught me at the MTC..." (Best Two Years reference.) 

But then I realized that maybe he wasn't speaking Spanish so I asked him what it meant and his face lit up and he did a gesture like a magician unveiling something and said "It's Korean for Beautiful Star!" Uh.... My face turned red from blushing because what could I say... thanks? I said thank you and he walked away. Then Elder Monteroso said: "You just got courted!" And now I have a marriage prospect in Mexico. 

We had two investigators come to church yesterday!! I hope it wasn't as long for them as it was for me. I was STARVING. Fast Sundays just really pound me into the dust. But I think they really liked it :) And some of our less actives came! It was a Sunday of fist pumps and "YES's". 

Yesterday we got stuck in the chapel after our missionary stake meeting because a storm rolled in in less than 3 minutes and dumped hail and rain on us. So all 30 of us missionaries were stuck in the chapel for about an hour. We tried to stay organized, but we just ended up watching out the windows in excitment as the heavens dumped down on us. Then we had to run home in the rain and we got drenched. And would you know it, today is bright and sunny. 

I forgot my camera cord so I can't send pictures... 

But I love you! I hope you have a great week!!

OH. And turns out they to have daylight savings time here. I'm dying. 

-Hermana Murset

No comments:

Post a Comment