Monday, April 20, 2015

YAY CENTRO (Saltillo)

We went to a place called Centro today and I was practically watering at the mouth from all the COOL STUFF. I restrained myself though, don't worry. I only bought a couple things and I only have plans to go and buy the whole place out.

We are teaching the daughter of a less active family and she is AWESOME. (I'm really going wild with the capital letters today.) She's nine years old and she's about ready to jump into the baptisimal font. Her whole entire family came to church yesterday and when they got there she ran up to us and told us that she had changed cheerleading teams so that she could come to church on Sunday! Her dad is preparing so that he can baptize her and we hope to see her jump into the font (reverently) May 9th! She's cute and always has a huge smile on her face. 

Lucero, one of our investigators, told us the other day that she prayed and that she feels like this is the right path for her. We certainly weren't expecting her to say that because she has pretty much no facial expression and it's really hard to read her. But she's been doing all the homework that we tell her, she's been to church, and now she's reading the Book of Mormon! All in the matter of two weeks, that's why I haven't said anything about her. The only problem that we might have is that her whole family is Catholic and to switch religions, well that's just a little scary. So we'll see. She's awesome and is always waiting at the door when we come! Oh, she's the one who taped the picture of the Resurrected Christ on her front door. 


I don't even remember what I did for my birthday... Oh yeah! I woke up, walked out of my room, and found that Hna. Bravo had decorated and made a cake for me. She's sweet :) I recieved birthday calls all morning and the senior missionaries gave me some delicious arroz con leche. The next day I celebrated with a family. They actually probably posted the pictures on Facebook. The Aguirre Sanchez family. They are awesome and are always so excited to see the missionaries! A tradition here is that they make you bite into the cake... and I got my face shoved in it... twice. Let's just say that I was blowing frosting out of my nose for quite some time. It was a good birthday. I just can't believe that I'm 20! 20 years of life! Okay I need to stop talking about that now because I feel like I'm old. 

Yesterday we had EIGHT less active members that we've been working with come to church! We were just a little bit excited. 

I hope all is well and that you are having a great time wherever you may be! Hna. Bravo told me that my Spanish is getting a lot better each and every day. So you can celebrate that with me, if you want. 

Love you all! Have a great week!

Pictures:
BIRTHDAY.
CATHEDRALS.

--
Hermana Murset


Hi mom hi dad! So I'm wondering, what do you want from Mexico? I won't be able to send it home because that's just too scary. But really anything that you could want you can find here. 


The area is doing better! We're finding more people. But I still can't wait until I get moved to another area. 
The way that we teach our lessons is: we open up with a hymn and a prayer. Then we use the pamphlets that we have. We used the pamphlets more with Hna Peneranda. With Hna Bravo she just talks the whole time. I'm usually the one who shares the scriptures. But we make sure to ask a lot of questions. We usually have the invesitgator close the lesson with a prayer. 

When it rains it pours! We don't carry anything around, we usually just get soaked. 
The yard is looking nice!
I love you both!

--
Hermana Murset

No comments:

Post a Comment