Monday, April 27, 2015

I'M FULL (Saltillo)

Today we went to eat with an Hermana that is the cutest woman I have ever met. She paints, she sews, she crochets, she knits, she cooks, and she always wears a dress or a skirt. It was the best food that I've had in a long time, so naturally I stuffed myself and had to unzip my skirt a little bit. We drank horchata that tasted like a candle. A really delicious candle. Luckily there was a cyber internet place just a few feet from her house because I wouldn't have been able to walk all the way to Mirasierra with my full stomach. 
We're going to have a baptism! Her name is Victoria (Vicky) and she's 9 years old. I'm sure I've told you about her before. She's the daughter of a less active family. She always has a HUGE smile on her face and applies the gospel amazingly. One time we were teaching her and she asked us "How can I apply the gospel in the life of my family?" And then we were watching The Restoration and she said "Oh I get it! They were in an apostasy!" And I had to give her a high five because that's an awsome thing for a nine year old to say. She's going to be baptized by her dad May 9th. Right before transfers (timed that right on). I told them that I will most likely be leaving and the Hermano said that he's going to ask the mission president to keep me in this area until I die. I really was happy to hear someone say that, BUT PLEASE DON'T KEEP ME HERE. If I could come and visit these people whenever I wanted, that would be awesome. 
Will you take me back to Mexico, mom? Dad? I promise they will feed you well. 

Sarcasm doesn't really exist here in Mexico and I admit I have offended my companion one too many times. I was at a house of a family the other day and they had a HUGE bowl of eggs. I mean, like 30 eggs. I was standing near to it and I told the Hermano, meaning to be funny, "You need more eggs." and he just looked in the bowl with a face like "Is she crazy? We have like 30." So I just stood there with a stupid grin on my face and he just looked at me and we just stood there in awkwardness. 
Imagine how awkward I am normally. Now imagine me as a missionary. Now imagine me trying to learn Spanish. I'm pretty sure all of you are squirming in your seats from imagining all that awkwardness. 

HEY. In one year I won't be in Mexico. I'll be home. That's weird. I still get confused sometimes when people ask me about amounts of time. So today I told someone that I only had 6 months left. I THOUGHT he asked me how much time I had. Sigh. Spanish. 

We had a less active member come to church after only inviting her one time. WOOOOOOOOOOO. I think my mission is going to be a mission of reactivation. Hna Bravo and I are pro now. 

Anyway, I love you all tons. I hope you are all enjoying the weather. I now have a nice white line from my bag strap. My companion thought the back of my neck was super dirty, but it just turns out that I'm really tan. And the other day I was mistaken for a Mexicana. The mission life is great. 

Anyway. Bye. 

Picture:
Hna Judith being all cute. And my companion and I being all... missionaryish. 
--
Hermana Murset
Just wanted to forward something that the president sent me. I almost cried. I'm doing well!

Felicidades por esos 8 inactivos que fueron a la capilla. No cabe duda... ningĂșn esfuerzo que hace una misionera se desperdicia.
Gracias a Dios por la luz que se empieza a ver al final del tunel. Espero que los planes que tienen de bautizar se concreten.
Se que usted tiene debilidades, aun asi, es una excelente misionera, yo lo se.
 
I'll just translate the last line. 
:I know that you have weaknesses, but even at that, you are an excellent missionary, I know it. 

If you knew the mission president, that's like a present of gold. 
Love you!
--
Hermana Murset

No comments:

Post a Comment