Monday, December 28, 2015

And A Happy New Year December 28, 2015 Saltillo, Coahuila, México


So I talked to my family for the last time and it was weird. I talked to them in Spanish and they didn't understand. I ate a bunch of food and I nearly threw up. And that's the spirit of Christmas!

Christmas Eve Hermana Mis talked to her family and then we went and ate with some members. We could be with the members until 10:30 but we were so tired that we called it a night at 9 like usual. Christmas morning we woke up and studied like usual and then we bundled up and opened Christmas presents under the tiny Christmas tree I had made a couple days before. I got my companions socks. 

All in all, it was a pretty quiet Christmas. It's just weird to think that next Christmas I will be at home. Yeeaaahhhh, let's not think about that. 

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! It was hot on Christmas day and yesterday it was FREEZING. I <3 Saltillo.

I have a funny story to tell. So a couple weeks ago we left our house to go work. It was a great day, the sun was shining, we were finding awesome people in the streets, and I was ready to teach the world. We went to go find a person that we had contacted a couple days earlier. She came out of her house and didn't look too excited to see us (that's normal). She told us that she didn't have anywhere to sit in her house (the usual excuse that they give us) and us being good missionaries said "That's okay! We can teach standing up!" So we started to teach her outside her house. 

Hermana Mis was in the process of inviting her to be baptized, when all of the sudden I felt really woozy. My vision started going and in my mind I thought "I should probably tell my companions that I don't feel well. No, that would be rude. I'll just wait." 
Then BOOM. I fainted. 

Hermana Mis thought that I had knelt down to pray (I fell in a kneeling position) and Hermana Aragon just stared at me until it registered that I was unconcious. Haha Hermana Mis whipped out her hand sanitzer to wave it under my nose, and in the process accidentally squirted some in her own nose, and Hermana Aragon started waving me with one of our pamphlets. I eventually came to and they sat me in a chair and gave me some Coca Cola to raise my blood pressure. I still wasn't really quite there until I heard someone ask "Is she pregnant?" I woke up pretty quickly and set them straight. 

Anyway, long story short we went to the hospital and did a whole bunch of tests and turns out that I have another type of tachycardia (a heart condition) and now I'm taking medication for it. 

BUT I'M ALRIGHT. Don't worry. Just workin' like normal. 

Anyway, just thought I'd give you that update. 

I love you all and I hope you have a vverrrryyyy happy new year!

I really am fine. 

🐉🌵😁Hermana Murset

Pictures:

1. Christmas morning! I'll admit, the tree I made was pretty pathetic. But the socks I gave them were FANTASTIC.

2. We went caroling as a zone and we stopped to take a selfie as we were crossing a precarious bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment