Monday, December 28, 2015

!Feliz Navidad! (December 21, 2015) Saltillo, Coahuila, México



Dear Family and Friends,

I hope you enjoyed our bearded faces. We were smiling underneath the beards, I don't know if you noticed. We had a long discussion; "Do we smile? They won't see it.... Well, might as well, it's tradition." 

FELIZ NAVIDAD. MERRY CHRISTMAS.
 
Um... I don't really know what to say besides that. 

This year has FLOWN by. I remember thinking when I was in the MTC, "I'm going to be in Mexico for all of 2015.... How am I going to do it?!" And now it's almost 2016. I've learned a lot in this year. For example: SPANISH. I've also learned how to be a better leader (I've still got a lloonggg way to go). I still haven't learned how to make Mexican food. I did learn how to be straightforward (sometimes you just gotta tell the sisters what's up). I learned more spiritual stuff. I learned how to work hard. I learned that faith really is power. 

I learned a lot.

I don't know what I'll be like when I get home; probably the same old awkward Megan but with greater spiritual knowledge. But I know that I have a better perspective on life. What a cliche missionary thing to say. I just hope that I have changed enough to be able to really help people out. Help them rise higher than they are. You know, be inspirational. 

I'm thankful for my family and friends. I'm thankful for the people that have had an influence in my life. I'm thankful for the companions that I have. I'm thankful for Christ. His birth, His ministry, His Atonement. I'm thankful that I came on this mission. I can't even begin to think where I would be if I hadn't come. 

Remember Christ.

I hope you all have an absolutely wonderful Christmas! I'm thankful for each and every one of you. Even if you don't think that I remember you, I do and I'm thankful for you. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

🌲 Hermana Megan Murset

No comments:

Post a Comment