Monday, December 7, 2015

S.O.S Save Our Sisters (Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico)


So one of the sisters here in the mission has chicken pox. She has to stay in her house for 15 days. Hermana Mis, being the mission nurse, and me, having had chicken pox in days gone by, went to go take care of her and her companion. Today we're going to do the same. Weeeee!
ALSO. It's a new transfer! The President told me that I was going to train, but then he asked me to stay as sister training leader. So here I am, about to complete 6 months in Zarco! We're also going to be in a trio again with a sister named Hermana Aragon. She's from Utah. We'll see how it goes!

This week we had our mission Christmas party. It's pretty much the only day of the year when all of us missionaries try to look really nice. We had a talent show and each of the zones got to present two talents. The other two zones did stuff like play the piano, play the guitar, sing. What did we do? The Haka and a skit called "Dear John." The elders wrapped towels and blankets around their waists and a Hawian elder lead them in the Haka; which involved screaming and scary faces. We won that round. Then we did the musical of "Dear John" in which I was the girlfriend who was going to faithfully wait, but then married the best friend. You can find the video on the mission's facebook page, I'm pretty sure. We won that round as well. 
Then we ate, exchanged presents, and went out to carol and contact people. It was quite festive and I had a ton of fun. 

BUT THE BEST THING OF ALL.....
Cesar got baptized!!! Something always has to go wrong the day of a baptism and Thursday wasn't an exception. The font wasn't filled up all the way, so the elders had to fill it with buckets. Cesar told me that if the water wasn't warm, that he was going to throw me in the font. He was pretty serious so I breathed a sigh of relief when the water was warm. Afterwards he looked so happy! He told us that he felt like a new person. Then yesterday he was confirmed. Afterwards he came up to us to thank us and was so happy that he got emotional and almost started crying. He was practically bouncing and skipping from happiness. It was probably one of the best experiences of my mission, seeing him being made a member of the church. I love him and his family a lot. 

I have two transfers left, so I gotta make them count, huh?

I love you all a lot and I hope that you have an absoutely fantastic week. 

Hermana Murset

Pictures:
The day Cesar got confirmed. His big happy smile and his sweatshirt. Gotta love it. 

Hermana Roberts and I at the Christmas thingy. We sure are some happy Americans.

No comments:

Post a Comment