Monday, November 30, 2015

Another Week, Another Baptism (Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico)


So I got my hair cut today. I feel young and wild and free as much as a missionary can be. Or in other words, I wore my hair down instead of pulling it up like I usually do. 

Cesar is getting baptized this week! We asked him if he has white cloths to get baptized in and he assured us that he has some. But I'm a little worried that he's going to show up in his baker's uniform... He's a baker, by the way. But that doesn't really matter because I'm really happy that we've finally gotten to this point! He wants us to sing "Called to Serve" in the baptismal service. Gotta love that man. 

This week we met a young lady named Karina. We had a pretty cool experience with her. She was sweeping the sidewalk when we went up to talk to her. We asked her if we could share a message and she let us into her house. To be honest, during the whole message she didn't look very interested. She doesn't really have any religious background and so I think she was a little bit uncomfortable because she didn't know what to say. But that's okay, it's a learning process! 

She told us that she had never prayed before, so at the end of the lesson we taught her how to pray and asked her if she could do it. She said that she could. She started with "Heavenly Father," then there was a long silence. She started praying and when it ended, she was crying. I asked her if she felt something in her heart and she nodded. I asked her to explain what it was like, and she said "Love." We explained what it was and she invited us to come to teach her again. Who knows if she'll accept our message later on, but I feel especially privileged to have been there when somebody prays for the first time, and for the first time in their lives, knows that God is listening. 

I'm starting to realize that my mission is coming to an end. I mean, I still have quite a bit of time, but that time flies. I just hope I can adjust to eating without tortillas when I get home...

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! I didn't do anything for it. Actually, I forgot about it... 

Anyway. I love you all and I hope you have a great week! By this time next week I'll have my next transfers. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to the border of Mexico and the U.S. to a town called Acuña. We'll see. 

Hermana Murset

Pictures: 
The Katrina Museum. The Katrina is the skeleton dressed as a woman. It was actually closed (closes on Mondays) so we didn't get to see it. Hmph.

I don't know if you remember this family. They were some of my converts in Zaragoza 2. I got to see them the other day! Minus the hermano, but oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment