Monday, November 23, 2015

Happy Turkey Day Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico


I never thought that I would like EFY songs until I listened to the same 200 Mormon Tabernacle Choir hymns for a year. 

Anywayyyy. 

This week was pretty normal. We kicked Zarco in the behind this week and ended the week with the best numbers in the zone. They say that numbers don't count, buuut...

I also went to the hosptial to get my heart checked out. DON'T WORRY I'M FINE. I've been having really bad pains in my chest and in my back and my handy dandy nurse companion made me go to get it checked out. They did a whole electrogram or whatever it's called. My heart's great! Where there's scars on my heart from the procedure they did a couple years ago showed up, but that's normal. Turns out the pains are muscle contractions caused by changes in the weather. Now you know why I complain so much about the weather here... But we just happened to be on splits when I went to get checked out. The poor Hermana thought I was going to die. 

Hey! This week is Thanksgiving! I'm planning on cooking a turkey and some pie. Just kidding, I never have time to do anything. Let alone make a bowl of cereal. I've said it so many times, but the mission has helped me to learn to be grateful. When I was going through some of the hardest times in my mission, I wrote down grateful thoughts and that's how I got through it. So to end this highly informative and entertaining email, I will tell you what I'm grateful for. Just imagine that we're all sitting around the Thanksgiving table sharing our thankful thoughts.

-My family
-My shoes that have lasted me this long.
-The gospel.
-Flour tortillas
-Handwritten letters *cough* *hint*
-Literacy
-Books
-A good night's rest
-Air conditioning
-Indoor plumbing ("It's gonna be big.")
-That I learned Spanish. What a miracle.
-Utah
-My friends
-Dogs that don't bark or bite when we pass by.
-Awesome people here in Mexico.
-Honest people
-Cereal
-Ramen noodles
-'Merica
-Chocolate chip cookies
-Pretty much everything

Happy Thanksgiving!! I love you all and I am very grateful for all that you do. :)

Hermana Murset

Pictures:
I was a milk maid walking back from the grocery store. Hermana Mis got a real kick out of it. You can see the box of Cheerios in one of the bags. Cheerios 4 life.

Remember a year ago when I sent a similar picture? I would have you know that a half our later the sun was shining and it was hot. ;alkdjf;alksdjf

No comments:

Post a Comment