Monday, November 23, 2015

Clever Title (November 16, 2015) Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico


You know you've been on the mission for a while when someone tells you to renounce your prophet, The Book of Mormon, basically all your beliefs... and it doesn't even bother you. You leave the appointement, and as you're walking down the street you say to your companion "I've heard worse." And you give them a fist bump and walk away knowing that you at least bore your testimony of what you know is true.
Those are very inpirational moments. 

Remember way back when when I first got on the mission and I started telling you about a certain family called Esparza Rodriguez? If you don't remember, it's okay. The mom and the daughter were my first converts. The other daughter, Dariela, loved going to church, she gained her own testimony that it's true, and all that jazz. But she never wanted to get baptized! That's okay, it's her choice. Well it sure was a surprise when I recieved a call from the Hermanas that are now in Zaragoza 2 and they invited me to Dariela's baptism! I guess after a year she finally decided to do it. But she told the Hermanas "I will get baptized. But only if Hermana Murset is there!" 

Well lucky her my area is 20 minutes away. The day of the baptism arrived and we hurried to the chapel, only to find a whole bunch of people I didn't recognize, the bishop in Zaragoza 2, and that they had just barely closed the baptismal font's doors.
I thought: ARE YOU KIDDING ME I MISSED IT?
No, turns out it was another person. Whew.
Eventually Dariela showed up, but the sneaky Hermanas in Zaragoza 2 told her that I wouldn't be able to make it. She nearly tackled when she saw me! It was a beautiful baptism, and a lot of tears were shed. Hermana Martha (her mom) nearly suffocated me with hugs.
I love them a lot. More than I love gorditas. 

It made me happy knowing that they are still going to church and that they love the gospel. It makes the whole mission worth it, doesn't it? 

On the other hand, 13 months on Sunday! In five months you will be seeing my tanned face.

I love you all! Have a great week!

Hermana Murset

Pictures: 
Me, Dariela, Yudith, Abdiel, Martha, and the new baby. <3

A fuzzy picture of me and a fuzzy cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment