Thursday, November 5, 2015

1 Year, 4 Days (October 19, 2015) Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico

I was looking through my first mission journal in the morning and I thought it was so amusing that I took down some of the things I wrote and now I am going to share them with you. 
But first I have to write the sister training leader's message for the weekly newletter because I forgot...
Be right back. 
Okay I'm back. 
Quote time.

December 6, 2014
Today I translated "And my father dwelt in a tent." because I learned the verb "to dwell." 

December 5, 2014
Hermana Peñaranda and I are trying to put the missionary lessons to songs. We are not being successful. 

December 7, 2014
I learned the verb "to sneeze" today. "Estornudar" At least I trhink that's it. Anyway, yeah. Spanish is... going. 

December 29, 2014
I've been gone from home for 70-something days. Only 400-something days to go!

February 24, 2014
I have some sick tanlines. It's starting to get really hot. I'm trying to do a mind over matter thing and pretend like I'm in a hot shower, enjoying it. I doubt that will work, but whatever. 

March 2, 2014
I'm tired. The missionary phrase. 


Ooooohhhh the start of the mission. I remember went we started the year of 2015 I thought "This year I'm going to become fluent in Spanish!" That sounded like a ridiculous dream, but hey, I got there. This has been a wild year, but I'm grateful for it. Only a half a year to go!

This week was pretty normal. It was filled with going on splits with sisters who are just barely starting the mission. We went to go eat with a lady that had gone on a mission and she was telling some of her experiences that she had had. But then towards the end she said "The mission was great, but I have never SUFFERED or CRIED as much as I did in that year and a half." She said some other encouraging things and we're just hoping that the new sister missionary wasn't traumatized. 

ALSO. Alicia's son, Cesar, went to church! His testimony is growing super fast. When we gave him The Book of Mormon he told us it was true even before opening it. I hope I stay in my area so I can see him progress! We've been finding all sorts of awesome people. 

On Sunday we went to go pick up a lady that we had just met and taught the day before. She came out in her Sunday best, but then launched into a speech about how her husband didn't want her to go and that he didn't want to go and how she didn't want to be going from church to church and how her son goes to a different church and so on and so forth. She told us all the reasons why she couldn't go and was putting up quite a fight. When she finally stopped to take a breath, we asked her "Soooo.... do you want to come?" and she said "Sure! Let me go get my shoes." 
GAH. 

And that's what happened this week. I love my area. I love my companions. I love the people. I love flour tortillas. I love the mission. And I love YOU. 

Have a great week! 

Picture:
Alicia, me, Cesar, Lety. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH. 

No comments:

Post a Comment