Monday, November 9, 2015

You Would Think I Would Get Bored of Writing Every Week Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico

Remember a year ago when I was a greenie who didn't know a lick of Spanish and in every email I wrote to home I complained about the weather? 
Welll....
I'm back to complaining about Saltillo's bipolar weather. Yesterday it was foggy, I could see my breath, I had on two layers of clothing, Hermana Mis was practically dying, etc. Aaaand today the sun is shining bright and I'm considering putting on sunscreen because I'm pretty sure that I'm going to get a sunburn. 
GAH.

On another note, have you ever wondered how many sister missionaries it takes to lock a bathroom door? 
None because we couldn't do it.
In our chapel all the classroom doors are outside so you have to lock every single one, including the bathrooms. Well, after trying all the keys, greasing the door with chapstick, and accidentally yanking off the door handle, we gave up. And that's how we spent an hour of our day on Friday. 

The mission is super exciting sometimes. 

We had a lesson with our awesome investigator, Cesar, yesterday. We brought along a recent convert, Lupita, who always gives long speeches about her life. We got there to find Cesar, Alicia (other recent convert), and some relatives. One of the relatives is hard of hearing and spent the whole time talking very loudly about how he's Catholic and will never change his religion. Which then caused Cesar to go off on a rant about the Catholic church, which then caused Lupita to start her long speech about her life. Meanwhile Hermana Mis and I are trying to teach about prophets. It was quote chaotic and at one point everyone stopped talking except the hard of hearing relative. We could not get him to stop talking for the life of us so I asked Lupita to give the prayer and she stood up and started praying and the guy just keeeeppttt talking. 
It was a great lesson. 

And that's been my week! I hope you have all been super awesome and that you are enjoying November. I probably won't get the chance to eat pie, so please eat some for me. I love you all!

Hermana Murset

Pictures: 
The assistants to the President went wild on the little "In this mission we baptize" flyers. We found them in the bathroom and even on the faucet. I think they have too much time on their hands...

The view of Saltillo! My sillouette (how do you spell that...) is also there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment