Monday, March 9, 2015

Hi. My Name is Walk. Saltillo

Yesterday it was raining so hard that we had water leaking from our ceiling. Today it's bright sunshine and hot weather. I will NEVER understand this weather. 
Anyway, hello all. 

This week we entered a house of a woman who promptly informed us that she had bronchitis and so wouldn't be able to speak that much. She sat us down, we sang a hymn, said a prayer, and then she talked for an hour straight. She repeated her life story 3 times, asking her son 3 times if it's been a year since her sister passed away. "Yes mom, it's been a year." We learned that she's 75 years old and that when she was younger her mom told her that she didn't need to put on a coat because she could just hug all the handsome young men in the area. 
When she paused to cough, Hna. Bravo spewed out the lesson in one breath, I testified in one breath, Hna. Bravo said a prayer, I made an appointment, and said goodbye. Speed missionary work, I tell ya. 

That experience happened in what will forever be known as my week of diligence. We don't have any investigators and we have been trying and trying to find some. They only lesson we had this week were the ones where we collapsed on the doorstep of a memeber and begged them to let us teach them. 

We walked from the top of our area down to the bottom, contacting everything that moved (including dogs, they deserve to hear our message). At one point I stopped walking and looked down the street, seeing that there was no one in sight for literally miles. I broke down laughing at our unfortunate situation, and Hna. Bravo pronounced me crazy. 

We didn't find anyone this week, but we worked our best. At one point we were walking to our house and we saw the most beautiful sunset. Hna. Bravo said "Ï think that this is what it's going to look like when the Savior comes." and I said "What if He's already coming?" And we stood in silence, reflecting on that. But surprisingly, I felt the calmest I've ever felt. 

I'm not the best person in the world, I have my mountain of faults, but in that moment I knew that I had done enough. I had done everything I could to invite others to Christ. I had worked with diligence and I could walk up to the Lord and greet him with confidence if He came right then. It gave me the goal to always work my hardest.

The mission is hard. We are only human and the mission requires super human effort. But we are representatives of Jesus Christ, and well, when we work our hardest, we can't fail. 
Sometimes the weeks with the least success are the weeks with the most growth.
 
So, I invite you, because I'm a missionary and I invite people to do something in every converstaion. Such as inviting my companion to wash her dishes. I invite you to go outside, look at the sunset, and imagine that the Savior is coming in that moment. How would you feel? Then walk back inside and tell your family that you love them. Because that never hurts. 

That's all for now, folks. 
Love ya. 


(Picture: Me walking dramatically towards the cyber cafe where I'm going to write you all.)


--
Hermana Murset
P.S. to Dad 
We only have two beds in our house, but we have four soft mattresses that fold up. Hermanas come and stay for all sorts of things! I've met practically all of them. I have been teaching English, actually, but it's harder than it sounds. I don't know all the words in order to help them understand so most of the time it's super hard, but everybody wants to learn English, so they really don't care. Haha. I still have a hard time expressing myself but that doesn't stop me from using facial expressions! That's how I show my humor. 
I'll write something this week about Grandma and then send it next week! Tell her that I love her!

P.S. to Mom:I don't think they have daylight savings because I haven't heard anything about it. You know how people normally are, DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME EVERYONE THE WORLD IS GOING TO END IF YOU DON'T CHANGE YOUR CLOCKS. But I haven't heard anything like that, so I think I'm safe. 
For some reason Hna. Bjorklund and Hna. Valerio like to buy us cookies, so now I don't know what is going on with my diet. Let's face it, I'll probably come home filled out. 
I love you tons. Thank you for the rock star card. I think I'm going to print it out or something. You look so pretty in your picture! I have the prettiest mom. 
Love you!

Photos from Hermana Peñaranda.

No comments:

Post a Comment