Monday, February 9, 2015

One and All (January 19, 2015)

On the way to the internet cafe we were stopped by the police. They asked if we had a Bible. We didn't and they went on their way. We counted them as contacts so it's all good. 

Hey guess what we have this week..... BAPTISMS. Yeah. You heard it. Hermana Martha and her two daughters, Dariela and Yudith. Actually we don't know if Dariela is going to be baptized because she is being flaky about it, but we'll see. Hermana Martha is the one who prayed that her husband would be taken away if he prevented her from living the gospel. Well we went to go teach her and we just KNEW that she couldn't wait for her husband to want to be baptized because let's face it, he wasn't progressing. So we asked her if she had been thinking about baptism and she started crying and said that she was going to take the step without her husband because she knows that she needs the gospel in her life and in her home. She is amazing. Goodness I love that family. So yeah, be ready for PICTAS. 

I'm trying to think of awesome things that happened this past week................................... Yeah, this week has been pretty normal. Oh just kidding, I thought of something. The guy that was playing the guitar on the bus? We're teaching him now. Heh. Miracles really do happen.

Hna. PeƱaranda is amazed at how fast I'm getting the language down. Well that's great except I still can't understand what people are saying. Odd, right? You'd think it would be the other way around. I guess that's my trial. She's most likely going to be transfered in Febrero (I can't remember how to spell it in English...) because she's been in this area for 6 months. NO. She tells me jokingly that I'm going to train someone right after she leaves and I say yeah right because I would probably somehow blow our area up or something. 

I realized today that I haven't danced in 9 months. And here I am wondering why I'm wheezing as I exercise in the morning. Sigh... the trials.

I had to break out my classical music today because we've already got the 257 hymns on my ipod memorized. We felt very prim and proper as we cleaned our house today.

I don't feel like I'm going to die if Hna. PeƱaranda leaves me anymore, so that's a step in the right direction. And yesterday someone told me that my Spanish is "muy bonita" which means that it's really nice. I tried to reply back with a simple "Thank you, I'm glad to hear it" and my words came out all garbled and my companion gave me a horrified look and there was dramatic music and something exploded in the background. I think the person took back their sentiment right away. 

And that's all for now, folks! I hope you all have a great Martin Luther King Jr. day. Love you much. Eat some healthy food for me. 

This weeks picture is a dorky one of us being dorky. I can't take any other kind of picture.

--
Hermana Murset

No comments:

Post a Comment