Monday, February 9, 2015

I Have to Do This Quick January 12, 2015 AND Letter to Grandma Murset Saltillo

Highlights of the week:
On the way to write emails there was a college age man singing and playing his guitar on the bus. He was really good and I was so happy to hear a good singing voice because everyone here is tone deaf. I say that in a loving and endearing way. 

We got a new heater. Our other one broke and we have been dying of the cold. But we got a new one yesterday!

Our bishop gave us donuts after our ward counsel meeting. Oh, and chocolate milk. 

Our investigator Martha, the one who prayed about her husband, came to church on her own yesterday! Before we would always have to go for her or have someone pick her up because she never had the money. But she saved up and was able to come on her own with her daughter and son! Her daughter, Yudith, has a desire to be baptized and wanted to see the font. I love them so much. 

I don't have any time at all but I promise that I read all of your emails! I love you all very much. I'm keeping warm and I'm keeping fed. My shoes are still holding up and we have hot water in our house. The fog is crazy but we are still safe. The language is hard but the gospel is true!

Les amo mucho. 

Until next week!


This letter to Grandma I wrote  on paper and then typed it super fast so it's going to be really awful with grammar. You can fix it if you want!

Hi Grandma! 
I wrote a letter to you awhile ago but who knows when or if it will get to you!
Mexico is great! I still can't believe that I'm here. The Lord truly le me by the hand to get me here. Missionary work is tiriing, but I'm getting the hang of it. If it wasn't for the language I would have it down in  no time! 
Spanish is hard, but I'm getting better and better everyday. Maybe by the end of my mission I'll finally be able to understand what people are saying. Ha! 

We are teaching a family right now and boy, the mother is amazing. She's definitely the head of the house. At first she was hesitant about us, but now she's got her own testimony. She studies for Relief Society, she reads her scriptures, she does everything! She wants to get baptized so bad but she wants to do it with her whole family. Who knows what that will happen! They are in really poor circumstances and have a hard time getting to church. But this Sunday the mother came with her daughter  and son! She's been saving up her money to come. The gospel really does change lives!

My companion is from Columbia and loves to cook rice. She also thinks that it is essential that we buy hotdogs every week. I love her. She's a good trainer and puts up with me when I get frustrated with the language. She goes home in May. What will I do without her? The mission loves to put you out of our comfort zone. But that's alright. That is essential for life. 

The members feed us lunch everyday and if we don't have another heaping plate of food they get deeply offended. The food is always really good, but when I get home I'm going to be 30 pounds heavier! What hepls is that we walk everywhere, rain or shine. I am vey grateful that they feed us though. 

Thank you for all that you do, grandma I love you very much! Your last grandchild on a mission, that's crazy! Considering that I wasn't going to go in the first place. I am definitely grateful to be here and I know that the Lord has prepared a way for me to preach to these people. 

Le amo mucho, mi abuela!!

--
Hermana Murset
Our front door.

No comments:

Post a Comment