Monday, February 9, 2015

Week of Thankfulness February 2, 2015 Saltillo, Mexico

Today, because we're super intelligent and wise, we got Dairy Queen and then walked around in the rain and fog while eating our ice cream. We got a lot of weird looks, but that's okay. 


This week I learned how to say that someone has "bats in the belfry" or in Spanish it's "tiene pájaros en la cabeza" Which means that there are birds in your head. Probably not what I should be learning, but oh well. I told that to my companion and she was slightly offended and told Hna. Martha (our recent convert) what I said and I got a scolding. But then later Hna. Martha leaned over and said "You should bring food for the birds in her head." and I busted up laughing. She's great.

Today I realized how much I have to be thankful for. So in this email I'm going to list some of the things that I'm grateful for. It's like Thanksgiving all over again!~

The Spanish that I know.
My companion.
That the members feed us well.
That I have a rainproof coat.
My family.
That people write me every P-day even though I can't respond all the time.
That I feel safe in Mexico.
Flour tortillas
My friends.
My mission president.
Bread.
Cheese.
Blankets.
That I speak English.
That I'm on a mission.
That I'm not sick.
My area.
This gospel.
Jesus.
God.
Todo. (All)

I love you all and hope you have a very happy week filled with grateful thoughts and Valentines candy. 

The picture is a bad one of me being super smart in the freezing cold. 

--
Hermana Murset

No comments:

Post a Comment