Tuesday, September 15, 2015

"I Am Not Available As a Missionary at 2 in the Morning." Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico


Hermana Roberts and I are so in tune with each other that we even teach together while we sleep. I've known for a while that Hermana Roberts talks in her sleep, but I've always just ignored it. Until last night. 
I was sleeping pretty well, dreaming a good dream, when all of the sudden I hear (in spanish)

"We would like to share a message with you about how you can draw yourself closer to God and teach the gospel in your home."

And I thought "Oh yeah, we should probably start the lesson." So in my mind I got out my hymnbook. Then Hermana Roberts flipped over in her bed and said

 "Do you want to participate, Hermana Murset?"

 And I was thinking "Well yeah but why am I so tired? I better check the clock."
So I checked the clock and saw that it was 2 in the morning.

"Wow." I thought "Why are we at a lesson so early?"

Hermana Roberts asked me again,
"Would you like to participate?"

I said "No. I am not available as a missionary at 2 in the morning." 
I was completely serious. I had no idea that I was asleep.
Hermana Roberts had already woken up and had realized what was going on and thought that I was being sassy and making fun of her for talking in her sleep. So she threw back at me, 

"Missionary work is a full time job." 

Then I woke up completely and we died of laughter. 

#missionarylife

Hermana Roberts also got bit by a dog. Don't worry, she's not hurt, just proud that she now fits into the missionary stereotype. 

Alicia is going to be baptized this week! She is super excited. We are excited as well. We're going to her house today and she's going to teach us how to make donuts. 

Today is the day of transfers! Hermana Roberts and I are going to stay together, but we are going to be in a trio with an Hermana named Hermana Cano. We'll see how that goes! We're excited. 

I really don't have anything to say. I'm good. The gospel is true. 

I love you all!

-Hermana Murset

Pictures:

La familia Mora! This cute couple live next to us. They are members and they feed us well. We were at the Mexico City Temple rededication. It was pretty cool. I am aware that my legs look extremely tan. 

My zone! I'm the one next to the blonde and behind the blond. 

No comments:

Post a Comment