Monday, March 7, 2016

Let There Be Light (Oceania, Saltillo, Coahuila, México) February 29, 2016

Let me just tell you a story real quick.

So Tuesday we woke up all cheery and ready to start the day. I hopped out of bed joyfully and flipped on the light, only to find that the light didn't turn on.... Hm. That's happened to us before, but the light has always turned back on. So we went out to work. When we came back, still no light. BAAH. Turns out the light bill blew away, meaning that we never recieved it, so they cut the electricity. Hmph. So that night we took a lloonnnggg journey to the electricity place, typed in all the information, looked at how much the light bill was, and said "I have like... 50 pesos?" Yeah, we didn't have enough money. 

But two hermanas were going to stay in our house that night.

So we went and picked them up, warned them that we didn't have light, bought some stuff to eat in the morning, and went back to the house, only to find it all lit up! What the.... somebody had turned our light back on. 

Hermana Novoa yelled "GOD LOVES US!!" 
Which is true.

Aaannnddd when we woke up the next morning, there wasn't any light. We took out some money, paid the light bill, and waited.... THREE DAYS WITHOUT ELECTRICITY. I know, I wouldn't survive if I was a pioneer. 
Turns out they really did turn the electricity back on, but there was a shortage so it didn't work. 

The bishop fixed it. They got a kick out of me when they asked if we had a screwdriver and I pulled one out of my bag. I found it on the street and I thought it would be useful.
But now we have light, and I am a happy missionary.

And that's my story for the week. 

That's really all that happened. But hey! I'm staying in my area with Hermana Novoa. I guess the president thinks we're a really good team. Today begins my last transfer, and before you know it, I'll be walking around in Utah.

I love you all! I can't send pictures because this computer is weird.


Hermana Murset

No comments:

Post a Comment