Sunday, August 2, 2015

A Churchy Experience (July 27, 2015) Sabinas, Coahuila, Mexico

So I was calmly looking through the emails that I recieved this week and almost completely forgot that I needed to write a weekly email. I'm pretty sure that this heat is frying my brain because just in this week I've forgotten to put on my nametag twice, forgot my hymnbook in a house, forgot that we had to eat lunch, etc.

Anyway.

What would you say if I told you that someone walked into the church yesterday and after Sacrament meeting came up to us and told us "I want to be baptized."? Well you better believe me because that's what happened yesterday.

 It's actuallly not as out of the blue as I make it sound because he's an old investigator from two years ago that was engaged to a church member. He's been going through a lot of stuff in his life and realized that the only time when things have gone right have been when he's been in our church. He actually wanted to get baptized that day, but he has to wait awhile. Haha then when my zone leaders called I made it sound like a really dramatic event like he burst into the chapel or tried to dive into the font. They were full of jealousy. 

We really did see miracles this week. Hermana Luna has such a strong spirit and has helped me a lot in the area and with finding people to teach. I love her so much! *Sniff* My missionary child!

The other day we were walking along after a long day of, well, walking, and a man who has a taco booth yelled out to us to come and talk to him. (That actually happens more than you would think) So we ended up sitting down at a little table that he had and we started talking about religion and whatnot. Then he whipped us up some tacos and someone showed up with cake and then the wind picked up and a freak rain storm dumped down on us. And THAT is when I realized that I love the mission. I'm not even joking. My heart swelled up as I thought about all the random but awesome experiences that I've had on my mission. I'm speaking in Spanish, eating tacos, people offer us water, I make friends wherever I go... it's great.

Speaking of friends, one time we contacted some men that have a car washing business on the side of the road. We invited them to church and one of them said "Will there be food?"  and I told him "If you bring some there will be!" And they roared in laughter and now we have a lovely friendship.

I love the mission. I really do. 

I don't have pictures! I really do look awful during the day. Dripping sweat. 
This is tan, not sunburn.

Love you all!
--
Hermana Murset

No comments:

Post a Comment