Sunday, August 2, 2015

Another Day, Another Peso. (June 8, 2015) Sabinas , Coahuila, Mexico

Another week is passed and gone and I'm still trying to figure out how to tell one of our investigators that she can't invoke the Holy Spirit. 

Everyone here keeps telling me that the heat that we're feeling is just a little test of what we are going to be feeling during "canicula" (meaning the hottest part of the year where the only people in the streets are the missionaries). Apparently it reaches up to 50 degrees Celsius, but I have no idea what that is in Farenheit, so somebody please help me. I think I might shrivel up like in the heat. Someday I'll recover. 

WE HAVE A HALF HOUR MORE TO WRITE ON MONDAYS. Yesssss..... 

The day before yesterday we were walking home after a long day of walking around in a part of our area where we don't work all that much. I saw a wild looking man dressed in ragged white clothes. He also had poofy white hair. I think he likes the shade white. Anyway, I wasn't going to contact him because I was tired and didn't want to contact a wild man (I'm selfish sometimes). 

But then I repented and when he passed by us I said hello and started talking to him. His face lit up and he told us that he had always seen us passing by where he works (a beer store) and thought that we would never talk to a person like him. He excitedly gave us his direction (which happens to be just down the road from where we live) and told us to call him to wake him up so he could go to church. 

 We visited him yesterday and before we could even speak he asked us what he needed to do to be baptized. Man, I love it when that happens. He's very animated and when I told him that my grandma is paying for my mission he excitedly told me that he wants to meet her and thank her for doing that because now he has two "angel missionaries" that are going to teach him the gospel. 
He's awesome and he's named Jaime. 

The other night I was lying in bed, thinking about life (just kidding I don't have time to think about life, I was thinking about sleeping) when I started counting my time in the mission. Then I realized that in FOUR MONTHS I'm going to have a year in the mission. FOUR MONTHS. I exclaimed my revelation outloud and my companion was very annoyed that I awoke her from her slumber. Man time flies. 

I'm really tired, but I'm satisfied. This is a good area with good people. Even though it's hot. 

I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful week!

Picture:
Look how tan I am. And no, I'm not burned. That's a true tan. You should see the white line I have from where my bag strap is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment