Sunday, August 2, 2015

I'm a Mother (June 29, 2015) Sabinas, Coahuila, Mexico

Hiiiiiii. I'm a mom. (This missionary culture really gets me.)

So last Monday I wrote my short email and then I was off to Saltillo! A 6 hour bus ride. It was great and I didn't sleep at all. We arrived in Saltillo and we didn't really know what to do so all of us trainers from up north went to the mission offices and just chilled there. 

Two hours later somebody found us and gave us food. Then all at once all of the new missionaries piled into the office and my mind was going berserk because ONE OF THESE FOUR SISTER MISSIONARIES COULD BE MY DAUGHTER. 

I already knew who it was thanks to having connections in the mission office, but it was still very nerve racking. We went to sleep in the hermana's house and then in the morning all of us headed off to the chapel lookin' all spiffy. They really like to make it a heart pounding experience because we sing Called to Serve and then they name them off, one by one. "The Hermana Murset, who is serving in Sabinas 1A, will now be serving with.......................................................................... HERMANA LUNA!" And then everyone bursts into riotous applause. 

My daughter is awesome. She's from Puebla and she's as tall as me. Now I can take my giant steps and not worry about my companion getting lost! She's really sweet and quiet and comes from a family of 10. 

When we got to the house for the first two days she informed me that she was going to enter the bathroom. After a bit I think she realized that it wasn't necessary to do that. 

I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing and I keep being surprised when I realize that I'm going to be teaching mostly on my own for awhile. But she helps me out, don't worry. 

It's been a wild week. But I feel very blessed. I have a ton of responsibility on my shoulders right now (they told us that we are basically responsible for their salvation if we mess them up) but I feel good. I feel calm, and I feel like a mom. In the missionary sense. Don't worry. 

I love you all and I hope you have a very happy happy week! HAPPY FOURTH OF JULYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. 
I'll be singing the national anthem. 

Pictures:
Hna. Luna and I! She saw a picture of me that was taken 2 days before I left on the mission and she looked at it and said "How nice." then 3 seconds later, "WAIT. THAT'S YOU?!" Apparently I look different. The same thing happened with a picture from 3 months ago........ Who knows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment