Monday, August 3, 2015

A Sister What What? Sabinas, Coahuila, Mexico


I've had a pretty uneventful week. Filled with the usual walking around, dying in the heat, preaching the gospel, trying not to get run over... 

Well, I did have one interesting thing happen to me. I guess I'll tell you about it, since I'll be doing it for practically the rest of my mission. Last night we recieved a very ominous call from a number from Saltillo, which made me flashback to the day when I was told that I was going to train. (Terror) But we missed the phone call. DUN DUN DUUUNNNN. (I'm trying to make this as dramatic as possible). So then I called them back, and they didn't answer. So we sat there staring at the phone until they called us back. *Ring!* Elder Monterroso, the president's assistent. 
"What's up Hermana Murset?" (He speaks English.)
"Nothing much, planning for the day." 
"Sweet. Well Hermana, I have some news for you! You have been called to be sister training leader." 
"Are you joking." 
"Nope." 

And that's basically how the conversation went. Haha I'm embarrassed to say that afterwards my companion and I had a crying fest. Me, feeling like I was abandoning my missionary child, her feeling like her mother was abandoning her in a strange place with strange people... We're alright now, but we used up a roll of toilet paper. So yeah! I have been called to be sister training leader. I'm off to Saltillo to be with Hermana Roberts, my first American companion! She's from Texas. Hermana Luna will be staying in Sabinas and will be with Hermana Mis, who is a sweetheart.

I'm not nervous at all.  ðŸ˜²

Anyway, that's what happened to me this week. I'm going to miss Sabinas and Hermana Luna. But I guess the Lord needs me to toughen up a little bit and help some sisters out. I think I'm ready? But the best part of all? I'M LEAVING THE OVEN. I WILL DIE OF HEAT NO LONGER. 

YESSSSSSSSSSSS.

I love you all. I really do. 

-Hermana Murset

Pictures:
Hermana Luna and I!!! She's so sweet. I love her. Even though I'm really weird, she accepts me. I LOVE YOU HERMANA LUNAAAA. And yes, I have lost a lot of weight in my face. 

Hermana Luna is practicing her Riverdance. I laughed so. hard. 

My Zone!  My Zone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment