Sunday, August 2, 2015

Ocho Meses (Eight Months) Sabinas, Coahuila, Mexico (June 15, 2015)

HOY (meaning today) I complete eight months in the mission. That means I have ten months left and that means that I have exactly 4 months until I have a year in the mission.
;lakjf;lkajsd;lfkjasd;lkfj;alskd

I really don't know what to think. But don't worry, I'm alright. Sabinas is hot and I might train the next transfer, but I'm alright. 

Somebody asked me the other day how many years I had been studying Spanish. I guess I'm getting pretty good at it? It was a little boost in the self-esteem. 

We are still teaching Adriana, the lady that has something wrong with her foot. I think we have been successful in teaching her that she shouldn't invoke the Spirit. Although the other day as we were praying she slowly rose her hands to the ceiling and kept them there. I don't know how she didn't get a cramp in her shoulders. She's really smart though and knows a lot about the gospel. She started crying the other day because she's still unsure if she's going to get baptized and she thought that we weren't going to come visit her if she didn't get baptized. She's sweet. 

We've been teaching the wild looking man with white hair in short bursts. He's awesome and always looks out for us. The Hermana that was going to feed us gave us money instead so we stopped by Jaime's work and ate hamburgers with him. He said "This is the first time in the year that I've been working here that somebody has eaten lunch with me!" 

I'm getting eaten alive by the mosquitos and I'm pretty sure that my legs will be permanently scarred (not being sarcastic), but the blessing is that they don't itch that bad. 

I don't really have anything else to say other than that.... It was a good week. And next week are transfers! It's crazy how fast this transfer went by. I feel like I'm just barely getting the hang of it. 

I love you all and I hope you have a fantastic week filled with ice cream and snowcones and everything cold!




Pictures: 
THERE ARE NO MOUNTAINS HERE. I feel very strange and very vulnerable. 

JAIME. He doesn't look so wild in this picture. Come to think of it, he got a haircut today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment