Sunday, August 2, 2015

Peter Piper Picked a Peck of Pickled Peppers (July 20, 2015) Sabinas, Coahuila, Mexico

I don't know if you guys know who Elder Paul Pieper is, but he's one of the guys that shows up in the conference Ensign. In the middle of all the Seventies. Anyway, we had a conference with him this week! 

We packed our bags and headed off to Piedras Negras. All of us sat in the chapel there with our shoes shined and hair done and nobody uttered a peep. He taught us a whole bunch of stuff that blew my mind. I kept thinking "NO WONDER HE'S A SEVENTY." He's super nice and I think he's from Utah... I don't remember much from when they introduced him because I was super tired that morning. I slept in a super comfy bed and I was so worried that I wasn't going to enjoy it that I didn't end up sleeping at all...

After the conference one of the zone leaders got up and said "Some of you are going to be interviewed by Elder Pieper." And then he walked up to me and said "You're first." GAAAHH. I probably looked terrified. 

Elder Pieper sat me down in an office and asked me to tell him about myself. I couldn't remember how to speak in English, but he was very patient with me. We basically just talked and got to know each other. He answered my questions and I sat there trying to not speak Spanglish. He knows where Hurricane and La Verkin are and he pronounced them with a perfect southern Utah accent. 

Long story short, I have a message from Elder Pieper to my family;
"I want you to tell your family that I am very grateful that they sent their wonderful daughter on the mission. Tell them that the Lord is very pleased with you and with all that you've done." 
Thanks, Elder Pieper!

And then I left the room and everyone piled on top of me asking me what he said, what I said, if I was scared, etc. 

And that was my week! That's really the only exciting thing that happened to me. 

We went to go visit an investigator that we have who has a super strong testimony of the gospel, BUT WON'T GO TO CHURCH. Anyway. The last time we visited her we left Alma 32 for her to read, thinking that maybe she would learn a little about faith. When we returned she had learned everything BUT about faith and had somehow obtained her answer that she should go to church. Now that's what I call learning by the Spirit!
But then she didn't go to church. lja;lkfja;sldkfj;lskjdlfaj;

Yesterday I taught Hna Luna how to say "holy moly guacamole!" I'm such a good trainer.

We also encountered a couple of drunk men. Turns out they're less actives. We talked a little bit about that, then this is how the conversation went:

"Hey, your Spanish is beautiful!"
"Thank you."
"HEY. Your Spanish is beautiful!"
"Thank you."
"HhheeeeEY. You're Spanish is BEAUTIFUL." 
"Thank you. Bye!" 

That conversation happens to me at least once a day. 

Anywho, I love you! I hope you have a great week and I hope you enjoy your air conditioning. We don't have that here...

-Hermana Murset

Picture:
This picture just had to be taken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment