Sunday, August 2, 2015

Half Way to the High Way (July 13, 2015) Sabinas, Coahuila, Mexico


I don't know if you knew this, but in 2 days I am going to be halfway through my mission. That doesn't fill me with stress at all.

It's been a good 9 months. I've learned more than I ever thought I would learn. I've seen more than I ever thought I would see. I've been where I never thought I would go. And I've said "Soy la Hermana Murset" more times than I ever thought I would. 
NINE MMOOONNNNTTHHHSSSS. Nine more to go. 

The branch that I'm in has had a little problem of not going to the temple for 6 months now. It's about a 6 hour drive in bus to the temple and the members have to pay for a ticket to go. Money isn't the problem (they're all rich), maybe just that after 6 months nobody cared. 

So we sweep in like the awesome missionaries that we are and started teaching about temples. And finally, after a 6 month break, they went to the temple! Us missionaries rejoiced, even though it interfered with our missionary activity... We watched Meet the Mormons in the church. But that's okay because they went to the temple!

So here is my advice for you:
GO to the temple.
DO your family history work.
DON'T be slackers.
Or else I'll be on your doorstep in 9 months in my full awkward state of a returned missionary ready to tell you what's up. 

We haven't been able to find any new people to teach in these past two weeks. We make appointments, but then they aren't in their house. We contact, but then they are from the other area. So on and so forth. But it's okay because we're not discouraged one bit! We are learning a lot about patience. 

I think I'm getting better at speaking Spanish. 

I tried to make rice today but we don't have a lid for the pot that we have so I covered it with a frying pan. But then the rice started boiling and the pressure built up and the pan blew off the pot in a very dramatic fashion. Hermana Luna yelled "WHY DID THE PAN FLY???!!!" Hahaha I love her. 

I'm having a good time here in Sabinas. Although it's super hot and the mosquitos consider me a fine dinner. 

I love being here and I promise that I will make these next 9 months worth it. 

I love you all!

Pictures:
1. Hna. Luna isn't a picture taking person so as we haven't taken any. As we were coming to the cyber cafe to write I told her "We need to take a picture!" So there we are, in our apartment complex. I told her as the light was flashing "Do something weird!" Then she did exactly what I did. AIR BENDING.

2. A candid of me looking through my notes. AND MY WATCH TANLINE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment